Minoh Waterfall - Osaka, Japan


Minoh Waterfall (can be spelled Mino or Minoo) is popular sightseeing place especially in autumn. My trip to Minoo was not successful. It was rainy day. I already checked weather forecast but I did not think that it kept raining all day. While I was on the train, it was cloudy only. On the way to Minoo waterfall, it was heavy rain.



Access

From Umeda Station (Osaka)

 Take Hankyu Takarazuka Line Express for TAKARAZUKA to Ishibashi Station (15 minutes). From Umeda to Ishibashi, train departs every 10 minutes. Transfer to Hankyu Minoo Line for MINOO (6 minutes). Fare is 270 yen and total time 26 minutes). 

From Kyoto Station (Kyoto)

  Take JR Special Rapid Service for Himeji to JR Osaka Station (28 minutes, 560 yen).
Walk to Umeda Station. Take Hankyu Takarazuka Line Express for TAKARAZUKA to Ishibashi Station (15 minutes). From Umeda to Ishibashi, train departs every 10 minutes. Transfer to Hankyu Minoo Line for MINOO (6 minutes). Fare is 270 yen and total time 26 minutes). 

Around Minoh Station.



From Minoh Station to Minoh Waterfall

After you exit Minoh Station (one exit), go straight to the north.  You will see Minoh River in 5 minutes as you pass by some souvenir shops.  Then walk along the Minoh River to the waterfall for about 40 minutes.


Map from Minoh Falls

On the way to Minoh Waterfall, there were souvenir shops and saw the high building in front of me which was Minoh Onsen Spa Garden & Hotel Minoh. There was big elevator near the hotel. You can take this elevator to see the panorama view. It is free of charge.   


Scenery while I was walking to see waterfall. There were few restaurants and cafes.
I was half way there. Rain fell down and became heavy rain. I found the shelter during the rain so I waited and decided not to keep going. 


I walked back to Minoh station to find something to eat and I saw Daiso (100 yen shop). Daiso also sell bakery. I bought only drink and umbrella. Weather forecast in Japan is quite accurate but I did not bring the umbrella. Luckily 100 yen shop sells umbrella. Then, I went to restaurant and ordered Oyakodon set (Chicken and Egg Bowl). Taste was very good.



After I had lunch, I went to Minoh Momiji no Ashiyu (Ashiyu is foot spa). It was located next to Minoh station. This made me feel refreshed. Fee is 150 yen (include towel). 

Opening Hour 10:00 – 16:00 (Sat, Sun, Holiday and November 9:00 – 17:00). 
Close: Thursday except holidays and November New Year’s Holiday from 28, December to 4, January


Hope you have wonderful trip to Minoh. Please check weather forecast before visiting Minoh. There are some shops around Minoh station but do not have shopping center.
If you love nature, Minoh may be your choice.


The 2nd time visiting Minoh, click here.


Post a Comment

0 Comments