The 201st Article - Special Article About Us


Hi! This is the 201st article of this website. Thank you everyone for visiting my blog. The first article was published in April 2015 so it has been almost 3 years now. Time flies! I wrote only the brief introduction in About us page so let's get to know each other better.




My Name?

You can call me Pear (my nickname).

Occupation?

Private Company Employee.  

Where do I live?

I was born and live in Bangkok, Thailand.

Why named the blog "Blue Moon"?

I like to watch the moon at night, not only in my hometown but also in overseas. The daytime, I often busy and focus on working. When I could be away from the work and see the beautiful of nature, it makes me feel relaxing. Blue Moon is an unusual phenomenon and rarely happens so it is special. 

Why didn't I choose the blog name refer to the travel?

At first, I was not sure if the visitors would like my article or the blog would be successful so I used the general name.

What is this website about?

This website present the information about travel especially backpacking. I don't focus on shopping and eating. Just provide the general information about sightseeing place, access, also the events detail.

Why do I write the blog in English instead of Thai?

In fact, Thai is my mother tongue. I think writing in English language can reach to more people than writing in Thai language. 

Writing Style?

Writing the first article is the most difficult because I don't know what is really my writing style so I wrote and deleted for 2-3 times. I don't like the long essay (except this article) writing so I make it short and use easy words. I don't want to focus much about the history of each place as you can search in many websites. I try to explain the directions in detail as much as I can. 

Differences Between Guided Tours and Backpacking?

In the past, I traveled a lot with guided tours. There are several reasons why now I choose the backpack instead of guided tour. As I am an company employee so I must choose the exact vacation leave date. It is possible the tour group may be cancelled if there are few passengers and may be postpone the travel date. In the group tour, someone is on time but someone is always late so it affects the tour program. After finish the tour, I think why I am so tired and cannot remember about the tour much especially when the time flies. Backpacking give me freedom but I must study hard about the travel route and others. 

The First Time to Japan

It was year 2005. I visited Japan with a group tour. I went to Tokyo, Fujisan, Osaka. 

Did I visit other countries or Japan only?

Yes, I also visited other countries such as Europe, Asia, New Zealand but I visited Japan the most especially Osaka.



Why do I like Japan?

I started watching Japanese Anime since I was young. I like Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura but that was not my starting point visiting Japan yet. My brother suggested me watching Love Hina (year 2000) and other anime like him. I watched anime more and more and interested in Japanese culture so I think that I must visit Japan once in a life. After I went back from the 1st trip, I impressed and would like to visit Japan again.  There is beautiful nature, food is delicious, seevice mind is good. In the past, Japan might not be a destination for many tourists because of the language and high cost of living so sightseeing with a group tour would be a better choice. Now, there are many information in English, low ticket fare, many hotel choices and others which support the travel. Many sightseeing place can access by train especially Shinkansen. That's why it is easy to travel alone or with family or friends.

Where did I visit in Japan?

Tokyo, Osaka, Chiba, Yokohama, Kamakura, Kyoto, Nikko, Nara, Kobe, Wakayama, Fukuoka, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Takayama, Okinawa, Hokkaido



My Japanese language background?

I can speak basic Japanese. I ever took the JLPT test N4 Level and passed.

Where did I study Japanese?

I studied Japanese at Japanese Language School in Bangkok for 5 months (1 time/week) when I was high school student. Later, after I had worked at a company for 2 years, I resigned the job. I went to Osaka for studying Japanese for 3 months. I took the test and studied in Beginner Level 2. 
   
Student Life in Japan?

Studying 3 months in Japan is not student visa. I couldn't work any part-time job so I studied and went sightseeing. Japanese class was difficult. The teachers did not speak English in class (depends on each teacher) and my friends also tried to speak only Japanese. Some of my friends could not communicate in English. Fortunately, I like watching anime when I was a student so I was familiar some of Japanese conversation. Before I went to Japan, I also read some Japanese text book and memorized the vocabularies. 

I got the afternoon class so sometimes I was sleepy (after I had lunch). Lessons were different in everyday. For example, Monday class was grammar and reading. Tuesday class was listening and writing. Everyday had mini test at the end of the class, also the homework and on Friday had weekly test. The class was 3 hours per day. Education system in Japan was great. You could not work only with close friend but you must work with anyone of classmate. Everyday, I must memorize the vocabularies and Kanji. There was Kanji daily test at the beginning of the class. I went sightseeing on Sat-Sun and some shopping on Friday evening. 

I was happy with this Japanese course even it was a short course. 
If you have plan for studying Japanese like me and still hesitate what you will get from this short course, I think it's over my expectation. It depends on each person. Studying language does not finish when the course is over or walk away from the class but you must work hard and always practice.

How can you contact me?

You can contact me by email, Facebook or leave the questions in the comment box.  As I have full time job and works on Saturday morning so sometimes I may reply late but I will try to reply you as soon as possible. 

Last but not least

I'm not the guru of travel but I will try my best to answer your questions. Hopefully, my blog will be useful for you. Have a nice trip!

Post a Comment

0 Comments